General Anthony “Tony” Zinni serves as the Chairman for The Spectrum Group and works within the Marine Corps and Security teams. He supports U.S. and international clients across the defense industry with his extensive expertise in mediation and negotiation, strategic planning, business development, international marketing, customer relations, communications, and leadership development.
Prior to joining The Spectrum Group, General Zinni served as CEO, President, and Chairman of BAE Systems, Inc. He previously served as President of International Operations for M.I.C. Industries, Inc., contributing to his deep understanding of the private and defense sectors in the U.S. and abroad.
In his 35-year career in the U.S. Marine Corps, General Zinni served in several key Command and Staff roles, including serving as Commander-In-Chief of U.S. Central Command (USCENTCOM) from 1997-2000. He has also served in several diplomatic roles, including as a U.S. special envoy to Israel and the Palestinian Authority.
General Zinni has also held academic positions such as the Stanley Chair in Ethics at the Virginia Military Institute, the Nimitz Chair at the University of California, Berkeley, the Hofheimer Chair at the Joint Forces Staff College, and the Harriman Professorship of Government at the Reves Center for International Studies at the College of William and Mary. He currently serves as the Honorary Chairman of the Board of Governors of the Middle East Institute.
- Commander-in-Chief, U.S. Central Command
- U.S. Special Envoy to Israel and the Palestinian Authority
- President, CEO, and Chairman of the Board, BAE Systems, Inc.
- President of International Operations, M.I.C. Industries, Inc.
- Honorary Chairman, Middle East Institute
- M.B.A., Management and Supervision, Central Michigan University
- M.S., Negotiation and Dispute Resolution, Creighton University
- M.A., International Relations, Salvae Regina College
- B.S., Economics, Villanova University