Col Tom Sheets, USMC, Ret.
- Business Process Reengineering and Organizational Performance
- Strategic Business Development and Market Capture
- Federal and Military R&D, Testing and Demonstration
- Homeland Security and Emergency Management Technology Solutions
- Rural Development
Colonel Sheets supports clients seeking to enter or expand their government market business, and helps client organizations develop and implement customized continuous performance improvement programs. His expertise includes product and service solution companies, operations, planning, training, and manpower organization.
In his 26-year career in the U.S. Marine Corps, Colonel Sheets held a variety of key Command and Staff positions, including Division-level roles as Chief of Staff and Deputy Commander, and Director of Operations, Plans and Training. He also previously served as Director of Manpower Organization. In the private sector, Colonel Sheets previously held key strategic executive and business development positions at midsize and large defense industry companies, including serving as Director of Strategic Planning for Expeditionary Operations at L-3 Communications.
Colonel Sheets also delivers expertise in helping clients in find and secure alternative funding and acquisition sources, including demonstration, experimentation and R&D programs. He has supported several clients in gaining acceptance for their technologies into competitively-selected annual Army experimentation programs.
- Director of Strategic Planning, Expeditionary Operations, L-3 Communications
- VP of Government Services, Proofpoint Systems, Inc.
- CEO, DBT Defense
- President, Sunterra Pacific and RPM, Inc.
- M.A., Public Administration, Shippensburg University
- Master of Science in Strategic Studies (MSSS), U.S. Army War College
- B.A., Political Science, Gettysburg College