Colonel Russell supports clients seeking to penetrate the Marine Corps tactical and bases/stations markets, specifically clients with services or technologies that will enable life cycle improvements or service life extensions to currently fielded capabilities. He delivers extensive experience and expertise in strategic planning around Marine Corps resource allocation decisions and program development, strategic and tactical military logistics decision-making. Colonel Russell also specializes in incorporating industry best practices into Defense depots and implementing smart supply chain management processes that enable clients to gain downstream savings.
Prior to joining The Spectrum Group, Colonel Russell served a 24-year career in the U.S. Marine Corps, culminating in serving as Chief of Staff to the Deputy Assistant Secretary of the Navy for Expeditionary Warfare. He also served as a senior program analyst for combat logistics, advising the Deputy Commandant of Installations and Logistics on USMC ground acquisition programs and POM/budget matters, coordinating acquisition management, allocation, investment and strategic vision decisions. Colonel Russell also previously served as the primary investment analyst to the Deputy Commandant for Programs & Resources and the CFO of the Marine Corps, monitoring all USMC ground procurement and research acquisition efforts to ensure proper execution and formulating future program decisions to ensure adequate resourcing.
- Commander, Brigade Service Support Group
- Marine Corps Program Objective Memorandum Developer
- Chief of Staff, Expeditionary Warfare, Deputy Assistant Secretary of the Navy
- M.B.A., Oklahoma University
- M.S., Naval Postgraduate School
- B.S., Virginia Military Institute
- Certifications: Certified Management Accountant (CMA); Certified Professional Logistician (CPL); Certified Program Manager (DAWIA Level III)