MG Steve Layfield, USA, Ret.
- Base Realignment and Closure (BRAC) Support
- Modeling, Simulations and Training (MS&T)
- Market, Capture and Win Strategy Development
- Strategic Planning and Engagement Strategy Development
- Joint and Multinational Operations
- Senior Leader Development
General Layfield supports clients with efforts spanning base realignment and closure (BRAC) process challenges, Joint and multinational operations and requirements, and modeling, simulations and training (MS&T) domains. He provides clients with expertise in developing winning marketing and capture strategies, and in developing strategic plans and engagement strategies for targeted growth.
Prior to joining The Spectrum Group, General Layfield served as the Fort Carson lead project officer for the final stages of the 1995 BRAC round, and has more recently assisted several levels of various state governments with BRAC-related challenges.
General Layfield retired from the Army as Director, Joint and Coalition Warfighting Center/Director Joint Training J7. He previously held numerous command and senior staff positions including: Commanding General, U.S. Army Alaska; Commander, 3rd Brigade, 1st Cavalry Division; and Command at the Battalion Task Force level. He additionally served as the Operations Officer for V Corps, the Deputy Chief of Staff for Operations and Intelligence for Allied Command Europe Rapid Reaction Corps, and performed operational duty on the Joint Staff. General Layfield’s deployments include: Operation Enduring Freedom (Afghanistan), Operation Joint Guard/Endeavor (Bosnia-Herzegovina) and Task Force Able Sentry (Macedonia).
Aside from his work at The Spectrum Group, General Layfield serves on the Board of Directors for Bohemia Interactive Simulations, a global software company creating military and cilvilian training simulation products, and the advisory board of Mission Readiness, a nonprofit dedicated to national security issues. He also serves on the Board of Directors for Guitars for Vets, a nonprofit helping Post Traumatic Stress Disorder.
- Director, Joint Warfighting Center, J7
- Commanding General, U.S. Army Alaska
- Deputy Commander for Security and Operations, International Security Assistance Force (ISAF)
- Afghanistan Deputy Chief of Staff for Operations and Intelligence, Allied Rapid Reaction Corps, NATO
- Deputy Commanding General and Assistant Commandant, U.S. Army Infantry School
- Commander, 3rd Brigade, First Calvary Division
- M.A., General Administration, Central Michigan University
- Master of Science in Strategic Studies (MSSS), U.S. Army War College
- B.S., Engineering, U.S. Military Academy