- Defense and Army Vehicles and Weapons Systems
- Major Automobile and Parts Manufacturing and Integration
- Defense Industry Business Development
- Capture and Win Strategy
- TACOM, TARDEC and AMC
Mr. Curtis supports defense industry clients with strategic planning, process re-engineering and implementation for the successful pursuit of military and commercial business. He delivers strong experience in Department of Defense (DoD) and U.S. Army programs, including TACOM, TARDEC, and AMC.
Prior to joining The Spectrum Group, Mr. Curtis served as Vice President of Government & Defense at Prestolite Electric, where he expanded military-focused manufacturing product offerings, negotiated winning teaming agreements, improved customer engagement, and captured a $1.2M Congressional supplemental for research and development. He previously served as Vice President of Business Development for Teradyne Technologies’ Continental Motors General Products division, which he led to success across combat vehicles (including FCS), mobility systems, and wheeled vehicles (including FMTV) programs.
Mr. Curtis previously served as Director, U.S. Program Business Development for General Dynamics’ Land Systems Division, improving the $1.4B high-tech division’s competitiveness in TACOM programs. He also managed the U.S. Army marketing group at Emerson, leading the Fire Support Team Vehicle (FISTV) program, the HMMVW program, and the Army Fast Attack Vehicle (FAV) and TACOM programs. Mr. Curtis started his defense industry manufacturing career with Chrysler’s Defense & Space and Service & Parts divisions, where he helped with the M1 Tank contract and led the commercial conversion of the Chrysler Space division.
Mr. Curtis is a Board Member of the Michigan Chapter of the NDIA, and is a previous president.
- Vice President, Government & Defense, Prestolite Electric
- Vice President, Business Development, Continental Motors General Products Division, Teledyne Technologies
- Director, U.S. Business Development, Land Systems Division, General Dynamics
- Marketing Manager, Defense & Space Division, Chrysler Corporation
- Board Member, Michigan Chapter, NDIA
- M.B.A., Davenport University
- B.A., Business Administration, Spring Harbor University