Ambassador Samad supports clients with his substantial experience in diplomacy, security and business development. His expertise includes trend and risk analyses that help clients and their partners identify relevant opportunities and strategically position for and pursue them.
Prior to joining The Spectrum Group, Ambassador Samad served in several diplomatic positions for Afghanistan, most recently as the Ambassador Designate to the European Union, NATO, and Belgium. He previously served as Afghanistan’s Ambassador to France and as Afghanistan’s Ambassador to Canada. His previous roles in the government of Afghanistan include serving as a Senior Adviser on strategy and policy to the Chief Executive of Afghanistan, as well as serving as Head of Communications for the Afghan Ministry on Foreign Affairs, a role in which he ran the Afghan Information Center and produced Azadi radio programming and content. His strategic communications background includes more than 30 years as an analyst, commentator and contributor for digital and print media.
Ambassador Samad has also provided policy and strategy expertise through his work at DC-based international think tanks. He previously served as a Senior Fellow for South and Central Asia at the New America Foundation, and as a Senior Afghanistan Expert at the United States Institute of Peace.
- Ambassador Designate to the European Union, NATO, and Belgium
- Ambassador of Afghanistan to France
- Ambassador of Afghanistan to Canada
- Senior Adviser, Strategy and Policy, to the Chief Executive of Afghanistan
- Head of Communications, Afghanistan Ministry of Foreign Affairs
- M.A., International Relations, Tufts University
- B.A., American University