VADM Norbert Ryan, USN, Ret.
- Defense and Veteran Affairs
- Executive and Legislative Branch Government Relations
- Business Development/Due Diligence
- Strategic Planning and Execution
- Human Resource Management and Assessment
- Base Realignment and Closure (BRAC)
- Leadership and Team Building
Admiral Ryan supports clients in Congressional relations and legislative affairs work, as well as through using his Navy operations and personnel expertise and his extensive network of Defense, Executive, Congressional and industry decision-makers for key insights and strategic partnerships. He has supported commercial and non-profit clients to significant and sustained success.
Prior to joining The Spectrum Group, Admiral Ryan served as President and CEO of the Military Officers Association of America (MOAA), an advocacy and affinity group representing more than 390,000 members. During his 13-year tenure, MOAA was named a “Top Lobbyist” group by “The Hill” for 8 straight years, and Admiral Ryan was named Association Executive of the Year by Association Trends, the first military officer to win in the award’s 39-year history.
Admiral Ryan’s 35-year career in the U.S. Navy culminated in his serving as Chief of Legislative Affairs and as Deputy Chief of Naval Operations, Manpower and Personnel. His distinguished career also included commanding aviation units at the Squadron, wing and fleet levels, including serving as Commander, Patrol Wings Pacific/CTF-12.
- President and CEO, Military Officers Association of America
- Deputy Chief of Naval Operations, Manpower, and Personnel, U.S. Navy
- Navy Chief of Legislative Affairs, U.S. Navy
- M.S., Personnel Management, The George Washington University
- B.S., Engineering, U.S. Naval Academy
- Graduate, Senior Officials in National Security Program, Kennedy School of Government, Harvard University