MG Michael Jones, USA, Ret.
- Strategic Planning
- Market Analysis and Business Development
- Army and Joint Operations
- Base Realignment and Closure (BRAC) Support
- International Affairs
- Foreign Military Sales (FMS)
- Education and Training
General Jones supports clients in the IT, energy, C4ISR, ground combat systems, and base realignment and closure (BRAC) areas, using his keen knowledge of U.S. and international military requirements. He leads the BRAC Team, supporting State and community clients with BRAC-related needs, community engagement, and public-private partnership building. General Jones also supports clients’ due diligence needs with his broad military experience and in-depth knowledge of the defense market.
Prior to joining The Spectrum Group, General Jones had a distinguished 34-year military career in which his last active assignment was as the Chief of Staff of U.S. Central Command (USCENTCOM). In his numerous key command and senior staff positions in the U.S. Army and in Joint commands, he held a wide range of responsibilities, enabling him to build a broad knowledge of geopolitics as well as expertise in Army and Joint operations, cyber defense, C4ISR, cutting-edge training technologies and operational energy. His extensive Middle East experience, battlefield experience from two combat tours, and service in the Pentagon, U.S. Central Command, Joint and inter-agency programs, and Army Training and Doctrine Command (TRADOC) provide significant depth to the expertise he delivers to clients.
General Jones has also worked extensively as a commander and staff officer through each of the previous BRAC rounds, including working with the Colorado Springs community as the Fort Carson BRAC representative to assist them in their base defense efforts.
- Chief of Staff, U.S. Central Command
- Director of Operations, U.S. Central Command
- Commander of the Civilian Police Advisory Assistance Team, Iraq
- Deputy Director, Strategic Plans and Policy, Joint Staff
- Assistant Division Commander (Maneuver), 1st Cavalry Division, Baghdad, Iraq
- M.S., Systems Management, University of Southern California
- B.S., Carson Newman University