COL Michael MacLaren, USA, Ret.
Colonel MacLaren delivers significant expertise in leading, developing and refining youth programs, specifically those designed to assist troubled, disengaged youth in becoming successful responsible citizens. He has served as state program director for the National Guard Youth ChalleNGe program for fourteen years, managing a successful program that has continually met and exceeded its federal goals and compliance guidelines and graduating tens of thousands of successful youth program members.
Colonel MacLaren also has significant experience with the various psychometric measurement tools used to assess and evaluate baselines and post-program outcomes. These tools provide objective measurements of skills, knowledge, abilities, attitudes, personality traits, and educational achievement.
- State Program Director, National Guard Youth Challenge Program
- Various Command Positions, U.S. Army (15 years)
- Various Staff Positions, U.S. Army (3 years)
- M.A., U.S. Naval War College
- M.S., Krannert School of Management, Purdue University
- B.S., U.S. Military Academy