COL Mark M. Beckler, ARNG, Ret.
Colonel Beckler delivers strong expertise in Congressional relations and Army Congressional budgetary liaison, as well as expertise in Army and National Guard base construction and facilities, to support clients pursuing BRAC, Army, National Guard, and related opportunities.
With nine years of leadership experience in aviation, plans, policy and communications positions with the National Guard Bureau, Colonel Beckler is well-positioned to help clients pursuing National Guard projects, including in Ohio, Texas, and Maryland.
Colonel Beckler also delivers clients insights and expertise from his experience serving as an Army Congressional Fellow in the office of Senator Kay Bailey Hutchison (R-TX), and subsequently as an Army Congressional Budget Liaison Officer. In the latter role, he developed budget and policy matters with members of Congress and Appropriations Committee senior staff members, and prepared Army senior civilian and military leaders for Congressional engagements and hearings.
His international experience includes supporting humanitarian/disaster relief operations in Central America and serving peacekeeping missions in Egypt, Israel, and Europe. His deployments include Iraq (2005) and Kuwait (2017). Colonel Beckler is a lawyer, trained strategist and operational-level planner with several advanced degrees from both military and private institutions.
- Commander, 29th Combat Aviation Brigade, Kuwait, Maryland Army National Guard (2017)
- Commander, 2-149th General Support Aviation Battalion, Texas Army National Guard (2012)
- Special Projects Officer, Construction and Facilities Maintenance Office (CFMO), Texas Army National Guard (2012)
- Helicopter Maintenance Supervisor, XVIII Airborne Corps, Iraq, Ohio Army National Guard (2005)
- Ohio Army National Guard (2000-2011)
- Humanitarian Disaster Relief Operations, B/7/101st Aviation Regiment, Central America (1998-1999)
- Army Congressional Fellow, Senator Kay Bailey Hutchison (R-TX)
- Army Congressional Budget Liaison Officer, U.S. Army
- J.D., University of Akron
- M.A., Strategic Studies, U.S. Army War College
- M.A., Legislative Affairs, George Washington University
- M.A., Social Sciences, University of Chicago
- M.M.A.S. (Master of Military Arts & Sciences), U.S. Army Command & General Staff College
- B.A., Political Science, University of Chicago