LTC Janet Zimmerman, USA, Ret.
- National Guard Youth ChalleNGe Program
- Program Development, Management and Execution
- Team and Consensus Building
- Leadership Training
- Effective Resource Management and Planning
- At-Risk Youth Support
Colonel Zimmerman is a youth educational and empowerment subject matter expert, with significant experience in federal youth leadership and education programs including the National Guard Youth ChalleNGe program.
Prior to joining The Spectrum Group, Colonel Zimmerman served as the Program Director for the Fort Gordon Youth ChalleNGe Academy for twelve years, where she was responsible for innovating and managing resources, program leadership, and implementing strength-based cadet philosophy and management missions. She developed Fort Gordon into the nation’s most cost-effective program, including producing the most successful graduates serving in the Armed Forces and exceeding target graduation every year.
In her 28-year Army career, Colonel Zimmerman served in several key command and staff positions, including serving as Deputy Commander of the 93rd Signal Brigade, where she was responsible for supporting the move of USSOUTHCOM from Puerto Rico to Miami, Florida and for standing up and deploying the brigade on several emergency response missions. She also served in three Joint Staff, J-6 positions, including Staff Officer for Command, Control and Communications, Watch Officer for Contingency Operations, and Executive Officer to the Vice J-6.
- Program Director, Fort Gordon Youth ChalleNGe Academy (2000-2012)
- Deputy Commander, 93rd Signal Brigade, U.S. Army
- Staff Officer, Command Control and Communications, Joint Staff, J-6
- Watch Officer, Contingency Operations, Joint Staff, J-6
- Executive Officer to the Vice J-6, Joint Staff
- M.M.A.S. (Master of Military Arts and Sciences), Command and General Staff College
- M.Ed., Human Resources and Adult Education, Boston University
- B.S., Sociology, Campbell University
- Certifications: PersonBrain Model NeuroRelational Retraining of Children and Youth; Response Ability Pathways Trainer; EQI Certification; Boy Scouts of America COPE Instructor