COL Hugh “Sandy” McLeod, USA, Ret.
- Ground Systems Acquisition and Sustainment
- Market Intelligence and Market Analysis
- Strategic Planning and Execution
- Market, Capture, Win Strategy and Proposal Development
- Program, Project and Process Management
- M&A Support and Due Diligence
- Intellectual Property (IP) Management Planning
- Base Realignment and Closure (BRAC) Support
Colonel McLeod supports clients pursuing acquisition processes and programs in Army TACOM, as well as clients working more broadly in defense systems acquisiton and sustainment. He has successfully supported clients ranging from small businesses to foreign companies newly entering the U.S. defense market, as well as established major defense industry corporations.
Prior to joining The Spectrum Group, Colonel McLeod served as Managing Director of the Land Systems Division at DRS Technologies. His Army career culminated in serving as Project Manager for Heavy Tactical Vehicles for U.S. Army TACOM Lifecycle Management Command (LCMC), contributing to his tank-automotive systems acquisitions and maintenance management expertise.
Colonel McLeod maintains strong connections to key government and industry decision-makers, and works extensively with U.S. and foreign military ground systems and related programs, federal budgets, and acquisition processes, enabling him to assist clients in identifying and capturing strategic, targeted opportunities.
- Managing Director, Land Systems Division, DRS Technologies
- Project Manager, Heavy Tactical Vehicles, U.S. Army TACOM Lifecycle Management Command (LCMC)
- Commander, 85th Maintenance Battalion, 3rd Support Command, U.S. Army Europe
- President and Owner, The Dunvegan Company
- M.S., Logistics Management, Air Force Institute of Technology
- Master of Science in Strategic Studies (MSSS), U.S. Army War College
- B.S., Civil Engineering, University of Vermont