Colonel Winterling supports clients in Congressional and Defense relations, with expertise in helping U.S. and international clients develop and implement marketing and legislative strategies to conduct business in U.S. defense sectors.
Prior to joining The Spectrum Group, Colonel Winterling served as National Security Advisor and Staff Director for Senator John Warner (R-VA) for more than a decade, with responsibilities including policy formulation and oversight for multi-billion dollar federal agencies. As a Senate staffer, he participated in four BRAC rounds, actively supporting communities throughout the Commonwealth of Virginia.
Prior to his work in the Senate, Colonel Winterling served 22 years in the U.S. Army, including serving tours of duty with four infantry divisions located in Vietnam, Korea and Germany. He served for six years in the Secretary of the Army’s Office of Legislative Liaison, where he assisted in planning and managing legislative strategies that secured Congressional approval for military programs during the budget process.
- Staff Director and National Security Advisor, Senator John Warner
- U.S. Army Staff, Office of Legislative Liaison, Office of the Secretary of the Army
- Principal and Co-Founder, Congressional Strategies, LLC
- M.Ed., Education, Western Maryland College
- B.A., Political Science, Western Maryland College
- Graduate, Executive Management Program, Kennedy School of Government, Harvard University