Defense and aerospace are rapidly evolving industries, experiencing dynamic demand from emerging markets, ongoing fleet and aircraft updates, and continual decreases, reorganizations, and reprioritization of military and reserve forces. Compounding that, global economic challenges and shifts in government purchasing have changed the budget environment as well.
We field one of the nation’s deepest lineups of senior military and procurement leaders from across all branches, complemented by expert former defense, aviation, technology, and aerospace industry executives. Together, we provide the insights and experience needed to enable our clients to succeed across the industry spectrum.
We work in all major geographies and business objectives, with clients ranging from the world’s largest defense and aerospace contractors to small business innovators and suppliers. We provide strategic business development planning and positioning, business and product development, market penetration, Congressional and U.S. military advocacy and liaison, due diligence and M&A strategies.
Our team includes civil aviation experts, the nation’s top BRAC consulting team, intelligence community, IT, cyber and homeland security experts. We help our clients identify and exploit new opportunities, improve operations, develop products and technologies, and plan and implement strategies to secure sustained success.
Our Defense & Aerospace center encompasses our 10 specialty teams. Scroll down to learn more and explore our targeted service offerings.
- Strategic Analysis, Planning and Positioning
- Due Diligence and M&A Services
- SWOT and Risk Assessments
- Supply Chain, Technology and Program Assessments
- U.S. Business Development and Proposals
- Acquisition and Requirements Process Training
- Conference and Industry Day Support
- BRAC-Related Support and Community Engagement
- Regulation and Policy Drafting
- Leadership Development and Support
- Foreign Military Sales (FMS) and Direct Commercial Sales Support
Subject Matter Expertise
- U.S. and International Business Development
- Budgets, Acquisition and Requirements
- Licensing and ITAR
- U.S. Military, Congressional and DOD Expertise and Advocacy
- All Military Branches and Supporting Organizations
- Commercial Aviation
- Aerospace and Space Systems
- Systems Intelligence and Security
- Cyber and Information Technology
- National Guard
- Base Realignment and Closure (BRAC) and Community Engagement
- Compatible Use Planning and Execution
- Youth Education and Leadership Programs
Defense & Aerospace Team
Our Defense & Aerospace Specialty Team leaders are listed here. Visit our Specialty Team pages below to view team members.
SPECIALTY TEAM LEADERS
- AIR FORCE: Maj Gen Keye Sabol, USAF, Ret.
- ARMY: LTG John Caldwell, USA, Ret.
- BRAC: LTC Don Fix, USA, Ret. and MG Michael Jones, USA, Ret.
- CIVIL AVIATION: Captain Mark Weiss, Ret.
- COAST GUARD: RADM Jim Van Sice, USCG, Ret.
- MARINE CORPS: BGen Marcela Monahan, USMC, Ret.
- NATIONAL GUARD: LTG H Steven Blum, USA, Ret.
- NAVY: RADM Jim Hinkle, USN, Ret.
- SPECIAL OPERATIONS: COL John Binkley, USA, Ret.
- YOUTH & EDUCATION: Jennifer Buck
Targeted Missions, Targeted Teams
Within our Defense & Aerospace Center of Excellence, our specialty teams bring expertise to specific client missions and areas of focus. Select your targeted sector below to learn more about our capabilities and meet each team.
Learn more about our work with clients large and small, public and private, around the globe to achieve sustained success. Explore our Defense & Aerospace case studies to see how we use our expertise to help our clients meet their goals.
Centers of Excellence
Explore our other Centers of Excellence to learn how The Spectrum Group can help resolve your challenges and support your goals.
Our team of renowned professionals has the expertise, networks, and strategic perspectives to help address challenges in any country or industry.
Our team of leaders from the military, intelligence community, government and industry provide critical insights and connections for sustained client success.
With 25 years of successful delivery, The Spectrum Group shares our clients' commitment to regulatory compliance and ethical business practices.