VADM Dan T. Oliver, USN, Ret.
- Strategic Planning, Analysis and Business Development
- Government Program Management (Planning, Programming, Budgeting)
- Leadership Development and Team Building
- Manpower, Personnel, Education and Training
- M&A Support and Due Diligence
- Base Realignment and Closure (BRAC)
Admiral Oliver supports clients in Navy-related business sectors, using his significant strategic business development experience and strong connections to the naval defense industry, Congress and the Executive branch.
Prior to joining The Spectrum Group, Admiral Oliver served in several executive positions leading teams and business development focused on maritime information systems and security. He served as President of the National Security Sector for Apogen Technologies (now Qinetiq, Ltd.) and President and CEO of Science and Engineering Associates, Inc. (SEA). He also served as General Manager of the Management and Integration contract at Navy’s SPAWAR Information Technology Center. Admiral Oliver also served as a senior fellow with the Center for Naval Analyses.
Admiral Oliver’s substantial Navy career culminated in serving as Deputy Chief of Naval Operations, Manpower and Personnel and Chief of Naval Personnel. He also served as Director of several major Divisions, including the Navy Programming, Navy Assessment, Navy Fleet Liaison, and Navy Education and Training Divisions. Admiral Oliver also served as Commander, NATO Maritime Air Forces Mediterranean and Commander, Fleet Air Mediterranean. Following his retirement, he was appointed by the Secretary of the Navy as the first full-time civilian president of the Naval Postgraduate School.
Admiral Oliver was previously appointed as a White House Fellow, and remains active in Navy and military issues. He previously served as Co-Chair of the Secretary of the Navy Retiree Policy Council and on the California Governor’s Military Advisory Council.
- Deputy Chief of Naval Operations, Manpower and Personnel, U.S. Navy
- Chief of Naval Personnel, U.S. Navy
- Director: Navy Programming Division, Navy Assessment Division, Navy Fleet Liaison Division, Navy Education and Training Division, U.S. Navy
- Commander: NATO Maritime Air Forces Mediterranean, Fleet Air Mediterranean, U.S. Navy
- President, Naval Postgraduate School
- President, National Security Sector, Apogen Technologies, Inc. (now Qinetic, Inc.)
- President, Science and Engineering Associates, Inc.
- M.Ed., Commerce, University of Virginia
- B.S., Commerce, University of Virginia
- Certificate, Advanced Management Program, Harvard Business School