- Corporate Sustainability
- Community Sustainability (Brownfields, Smart Growth)
- Public Policy, Legislation and Regulations
- Strategic Planning and Analysis
- Strategic and Internal Communications
- Implementation, Facilitation and Training
- Environmental, Energy and Sustainability Law
- Clean Tech, Renewable Energy and Sustainability Startups
Ms. Morgan, a lawyer specializing in environment and sustainability, supports clients in fostering corporate and community sustainability, with significant expertise in guiding businesses and government clients on complex environmental, land use and energy issues.
Prior to joining The Spectrum Group, Ms. Morgan served as Corporate Sustainability Director for SRA International, where she built, developed and implemented the company-wide sustainability program, including developing metrics and long-term plans, identifying training needs, building internal and external communications strategies, and establishing corporate sustainability practices and policies.
Previously, she served as a lawyer representing public agencies, trade associations, and major corporations in helping these groups achieve their transactional, regulatory and litigation goals on environmental, land use, transporation and energy matters. Her work included using eminent domain laws to acquire property for a rural electric utility, reducing tank truck carrier regulatory burdens under the Clean Air Act, and minimizing settlement contributions of potentially responsible parties to Superfund site remediation. She also previously supported U.S. government agency energy, environmental and health missions, such as the EPA’s Brownfields, Smart Growth, and Climate Leaders program, the 2005 Energy Policy Act, the 2007 Energy Independence and Security Act, and relevant Executive Orders.
Outside of her work at The Spectrum Group, Ms. Morgan serves on the Advisory Board of Potential Energy DC, an incubator for clean tech, renewable energy, and other sustainability-focused startups in the DC metro area. She has also been involved in several organizations supporting sustainability in Arlington County, Virginia, including helping develop a 40-year community energy plan and implementation framework as Chair of Arlington County’s Energy Task Force.
- Corporate Sustainability Director, SRA International
- President and Founder, Corporate Sustainability Advisors
- Member, District of Columbia Bar
- J.D., Georgetown University Law Center
- M.S., Environmental Science and Policy, The Johns Hopkins University
- B.A., Society and Justice, University of Portland
- Graduate, Sustainability Leadership Program, University of Oregon