The Base Realignment and Closure (BRAC) process is ongoing within DoD’s current authorities, and the Administration continues to ask for a Congressionally-authorized formal BRAC. This requires that military communities better support their military base to increase its military value. This, in turn, requires expert strategic planning, an understanding of U.S. military and Congressional objectives, as well as business, community, state and local government expertise to map, navigate and implement the best path forward.
Our BRAC Team, with 20 years of experience supporting states and communities, is comprised of the top BRAC experts nationwide, including former BRAC commissioner, key senior staff members, senior Congressional staff, senior military leaders, and senior staff officers from all military branches.
Since 2012, we have partnered with The Principi Group, headed by the Chairman of the 2005 BRAC Commission, the Honorable Anthony J. Principi, to support clients in meeting their strategic goals and objectives.
We support our clients in four capability areas spanning the BRAC process lifecycle: comprehensive SWOT assessments; BRAC preparation; BRAC representation; and post-BRAC assistance. We have worked with numerous installations, communities, and organizations in dozens of states, supporting analysis, strategic planning, strategic partnerships, representation, implementation and advocacy.
- Comprehensive Assessments: Conduct SWOT assessments for military installations and communities, making recommendations to best focus limited resources to enhance military value.
- BRAC Preparation: Develop and implement engagement strategies for bases, states and communities, including cost reduction, relationship building, compatible use planning, and value-enhancing public-private partnerships.
- BRAC Representation: We partner with our clients during BRAC rounds to protect and grow our clients’ military installations.
- Post-BRAC Assistance: Support strategic plan implementation when bases are retained. Alternatively, directly support implementing civilian reuse of major bases closed in previous BRAC rounds.
SUBJECT MATTER EXPERTISE
- SWOT Assessments
- Direct BRAC-relevant expertise in Congress, the Department of Defense and all U.S. military branches
- Successful identification of new and expanded base missions
- Comprehensive encroachment analysis
- Drafting encroachment legislation
- Congressional and government liaison and advocacy
- Major installation command experience
- Deeply experienced team and partners, including:
- Commissioners from the 2005
and 1995 BRAC Commissions
- Leaders of the Air Force and Army
BRAC Teams from the 2005 BRAC Commission
- Commissioners from the 2005
- LTG H. Steven Blum, USA, Ret.
- Jim Breitenfeld
- MG Julian “J.B.” Burns, USA, Ret.
- LTG John Caldwell, USA, Ret.
- Brig Gen Chuck Collier, USAF, Ret.
- Maj Gen Felix Dupre, USAF, Ret.
- Michael W. Fix
- MG Jerry Harrison, USA, Ret.
- The Honorable Allison Hickey
- RADM Jim Hinkle, USN, Ret.
- LTG David Huntoon Jr., USA, Ret.
- MG Steve Layfield, USA, Ret.
- VADM Steve Loftus, USN, Ret.
- COL Hugh “Sandy” McLeod, USA, Ret.
- Diane O’Toole
- VADM Dan T. Oliver, USN, Ret.
- Karla Perri
- COL Greg Potts, USA, Ret.
- Maj Gen Keye Sabol, USAF, Ret.
- Gregory Sharp
- Lt Gen Glenn Spears, USAF, Ret.
- Evelyn M. Suarez, Esq.
- Col Patricia Webb, USAF, Ret.
- RADM Tom Wilson III, USN, Ret.
- LTC Grayson Winterling, USA, Ret.
THE RIGHT TEAM FOR YOUR MISSION
Explore our other Defense & Aerospace specialty teams. Select your targeted sector below to learn more about our capabilities and meet each team.
Centers of Excellence
Explore our other Centers of Excellence to learn how The Spectrum Group can help resolve your challenges and support your goals.
Our team of renowned professionals has the expertise, networks, and strategic perspectives to help address challenges in any country or industry.
Our team of leaders from the military, intelligence community, government and industry provide critical insights and connections for sustained client success.
With 25 years of successful delivery, The Spectrum Group shares our clients' commitment to regulatory compliance and ethical business practices.