Barry “B.R.” Jacobs
- Strategic Communications
- Public Affairs
- International and Multinational Communications and Risk Management
- U.S. and International Business and Policy, Including Europe (Greece, Cyprus, Turkey), Middle East and South Asia (India, Pakistan)
- Export Market Entry and Strategic Growth
- Fluent in Greek, Spanish and Hebrew
Mr. Jacobs supports client objectives with his extensive strategic marketing and strategic communications experience, as well as his expertise and networks in several strategic international business and political locations including Europe, the Middle East and South Asia. He also delivers expert consulting capabilities in international marketing and public affairs, and has supported several multinational corporations in these capacities.
Prior to joining The Spectrum Group, Mr. Jacobs served as Director of Strategic Studies and Director of the Asia And Pacific Institute at the American Jewish Committee (AJC), the oldest American human relations organization with offices in Europe, the Middle East and India. He built and developed relationships with Turkey and countries in the Mediterranean, Asia, the subcontinent, the Caucasus and Central Asia, and was actively involved in policy issues involving the Middle East, Iran, nuclear weapons and military and strategic affairs.
Before working at AJC, Mr. Jacobs joined Discovery Channel as its first Vice President for International Media for its new networks in Latin America and Asia.
Mr. Jacobs previously served as a Senior Foreign Service Officer with the United States Information Agency from 1968-1994, including working in Greece, Cyprus, Venezuela, Israel, India and El Salvador. He also served a special assignment with the International Division of the Michigan Department of Commerce Office of Trade Development, and has worked in the areas of international trade and arms control.
- Director, Strategic Studies, American Jewish Committee
- Director, Asia and Pacific Institute, American Jewish Committee
- Vice President for International Media, Discovery Channel
- Senior Foreign Service Officer, United State Information Agency (1968-1994)
- M.A., Government Relations, The George Washington University
- M.S., National Security Studies, National War College
- M.A., Economics, Foreign Service Institute
- M.A., International Relations, London School of Economics and Political Science (Monroe Scholar)
- B.A., English and Anthropology, University of Michigan
- B.A., University of Virginia (Echoles Scholar)