COL Alfred L. Brooks, USA, Ret.
- Foreign Military Sales (FMS) and Direct Commercial Sales (DCS)
- U.S. Export Controls Compliance
- Foreign Military Financing (FMF)
- International Political-Military Relations
- U.S. Security Cooperation Programs and Policy
Colonel Brooks delivers extensive experience brokering defense and security sales and implementing foreign military assistance programs. Applying his multidisciplinary expertise in foreign military sales (FMS), the U.S. defense sector, international affairs and international trade, he helps clients successfully navigate each step of the international sales process. He also specializes in helping U.S. companies successfully export their products (and accompanying services) by connecting them with international markets and customers and brokering product sales and transfers.
During his 29-year career in the U.S. Army, Colonel Brooks held various leadership positions while serving in the United States, the Middle East, Germany and Latin America as a Combat Arms Officer and as a U.S. Army Foreign Area Officer. He served as an expert advisor to three U.S. ambassadors on defense, security, and counter-trafficking issues while assigned in Latin America.
In his role as Security Assistance Division Chief for USSOUTHCOM, Colonel Brooks executed a $30 million foreign assistance program budget in support of 34 U.S. partner nations. Additionally, as Commander of the U.S. Military Group, Ecuador, he implemented and synchronized a security cooperation program that provided more than $18 million in equipment and assistance to the Armed Forces and the National Police Force of Ecuador.
Colonel Brooks has strong expertise in helping clients build strategic partnerships, develop and implement strategic plans, and negotiate and manage major budgets, contracts and opportunities.
- Commander, U.S. Military Group, Ecuador
- Chief, Security Assistance Division, U.S. Southern Command
- Chief, U.S. Army Foreign Area Officer Proponent Office, The Pentagon
- Latin American Branch Chief, U.S. Army International Affairs Division, The Pentagon
- Instructor, Perry Center for Hemispheric Defense Studies, National Defense University
- M.A., Spanish, University of New Mexico
- B.S., U.S. Military Academy